Wednesday, September 30, 2015

MIA: An Absence Explained

In yesterday's post, I promised to explain the reason behind my year-long blogging break...
 
...or should I say reasons.


Twins :)  You're totally forgiving my absence now, right?

As you may (or more than likely may not) remember, when I left you I was just a few weeks out from our first successful/unsuccessful round of IVF.  Remember, I went silent on you then too?  Apparently, despite my best intentions to share the details of our fertility journey for those you who are going through it too, I can't seem to get motivated to write about that stuff as it's actually happening.  As it turns out, IVF is kind of all-consuming and leaves little energy for much else. At least it was for me.  Maybe I'll share some details from a 'looking back' perspective for those of you who are interested.

Anyway, we started preparing for our 2nd round of IVF last October.  We ended up with just two viable embryos...
 

..who grew into these guys....

  
who grew into these guys...




...who are the best thing that's ever happened to us.

So that's what's been keeping me so busy....IVF, twin pregnancy, figuring out how to be a mom of two.  Just life as usual around here :)

But through it all, I did keep you guys in mind!  Posts about the nursery and other stuff that has changed in the house, some great Friday Fav ideas, and random post topics have been running around in my head and are all on the way!  I have a year's worth of ideas listed in my iPhone, and can't wait to put them out into the blogosphere...in between diaper changes, feedings, and frantically seeking the lost pacifiers of my little binky addicts.

Seriously, the posts may flow more as a trickle than a gush.  But at least the drought is over for now!








 

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I am glad you are back and are going to continue posting. No one can argue with your reasonS for being MIA. :) Boy are they growing up so fast! When I saw them they were so little, now they look like PEOPLE.

    ReplyDelete